List of Axe PDF 2.0 rules
Start building more accessible experiences
Axe DevTools Pro helps dev teams find and fix up to 80% of accessibility issues while coding. No experience required. Get started with your free trial today.
These are automated accessibility checks. Manual checks are also required. Learn how through our accessibility curriculum.
- Alternate text must be present for hidden form fields
- Alternate text should be present for link annotations
- Annotations must have a Content key
- Artifact elements must not be present inside real content
- Bookmarks should be utilized in long documents
- Display Doc Title Key
- Fonts used in the document must be embedded in the document
- Form fields in PDF documents must include their name, role, state, and value information
- Formulas must have appropriate alternate text
- Heading content must be tagged with a heading tag and level
- Heading Order must be appropriate
- Heading Order must start with H1
- Images and Figures in PDF documents must have alternate text
- Interactive form controls must have Labels/Tooltips associated
- Language of the document must be specified
- Links must be tagged with Link tags with appropriate text object association
- Links must have alternate replacement text
- Metadata Language (Additional help coming soon)
- Metadata stream (Additional help coming soon)
- PDF document must have a document title
- PDF-UA identifier
- Real content must not be present inside an Artifact element
- Relevant table elements and properties must be utilized for data tables
- Required fields must be identified both visually and programmatically
- Ruby structures must be tagged with the appropriate tags (Additional help coming soon)
- Suspect Key must not be set to true (Additional help coming soon)
- Table of Content must be tagged with the appropriate tags
- The human language for each passage or phrase in the content must be determinable
- The list content must be tagged with appropriate and relevant list elements
- Untagged Element
- Warichu structures must be tagged with the appropriate tags (Additional help coming soon)
Axe browser extensions
The axe features are integrated into the developer tools.
Contribute to axe on
Deque's Enterprise Suite of Accessibility Tools
- axe DevTools: Empower development teams to find, prevent, and fix accessibility issues while they code.
- axe Auditor: Bring efficient, full-coverage auditing capabilities to your testing teams with this step-by-step manual accessibility testing tool.
- axe Monitor: Dynamically scan, monitor and report on the accessibility status of your site across business and development teams.