Deque Color Contrast Analyzer
Free online tool for evaluating color contrast according to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Color Contrast Requirements
As explained in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), people with low vision require sufficient contrast for the following:
- Text and background (see WCAG 1.4.3 and WCAG 1.4.6)
- Examples: regular text, text embedded in images (which is generally bad practice for multiple reasons)
- Graphical objects, user interface components and states (see WCAG 1.4.11).
- Graphical objects: icons, font icons, etc.
- Components: the boundary or borders between buttons, menu items, form controls and inputs, etc.
- States: selected elements, elements with keyboard focus; expanded vs. collapsed, active vs. inactive, etc.