Deque University Scholarships for People with Disabilities
If you have a disability, you qualify for a scholarship to access to Deque's in-depth web accessibility curriculum for a full year (normally $315) at no cost.
Why is Deque offering this scholarship? Here are a few of our reasons:
- Job Opportunities:
- The demand for accessibility professionals is growing. People with disabilities have a lot to offer in this field. You live the experience, so in many ways you're already experts! You still have to learn the technical skills though, and that's where the Deque University classes can help.
- We recognize that employment for people with disabilities is often difficult, with discrimination during the hiring process and barriers to employment all along the way, including barriers to acquiring the skills necessary for employment.
- Reduce Financial Barriers: Having a disability can often be expensive, both in terms of actual expenses and the cost of lost opportunities due to discrimination.
- Digital Equality: Deque's mission is to achieve digital equality for people with disabilities. This is an important step in that direction.
If you have a disability, you'll have access to the following courses:
- Web Accessibility Fundamentals
- HTML & CSS Accessibility
- Mobile Web Accessibility
- IAAP CPACC Certification Preparation Course
- Web Accessibility Testing Techniques
- Testing with Screen Readers
- MS Word Accessibility
- MS PowerPoint Accessibility
- PDF Accessibility
- InDesign Accessibility
- EPUB Accessibility
What are the Terms and Conditions?
- You must have a disability to qualify for this offer.
- You will have access for one full year.
- You cannot share your account with anyone else.