MS Word Accessibility
Already have a subscription? Login to Deque University.
Technical level: Easy (non-technical)
- 1 hour (instructor-led workshop)
- 1 hour (online self-paced class, estimate)
An overview of issues relating to creating accessible Word files, whether for use in their native format, for to be exported into other formats such as HTML or PDF. Topics include:
- Image alt text
- Image long descriptions
- Charts, graphs
- Style and appearance
- Text and fonts
- Math and equations
- Shapes, smart art, etc.
- Text boxes
- Exporting to other formats (HTML, PDF, EPUB)
- Using the accessibility checker
- Online instructor-led session (half day)
- In-person instructor-led session (half day)
- Online self-paced class through Deque University
Pricing for Online Class
Each class is $45 for a full year of access, or lower for group subscriptions, or when purchasing multi-course curriculum packages. See the Full Accessibility Curriculum for details.