Methods for giving frames a title
General notes: All of the screen readers read the title attribute correctly, except for JAWS, which reads the <title> of enclosed document instead, or else the path of the frame's source it the encolosed page does not have a <title>. JAWS doesn't seem to read the title attribute under any circumstances.
1. Iframe with title, document inside has a title
2. Iframe with title, document inside does NOT have a title
3. Iframe without title, document inside has a title
4. Iframe without title, document inside does NOT have a title
Methods for Hiding Frames
- Methods that work:
- aria-hidden="true" and display:none both successfully hide the frames from all screen readers tested (tested on March 18, 2005 with the latest version of NVDA with Firefox, the latest version of VoiceOver with Safari, and JAWS 14, 15, and 16 with IE 10).
- Methods that don't work to hide the frame:
- Using title=""
- Using aria-label=""