The WorldSpace Attest browser extension integrates with your browser's developer tools, which are a built-in feature intended for use by web developers to examine, troubleshoot and resolve issues in web pages. After being installed, WorldSpace Attest appears as an option on the top toolbox bar when the developer tools are opened. Selecting it displays the four main "tabs" in a horizontal bar below the toolbar, each of which has its own toolbar below the tab bar. Under the tab-specific toolbar you will find the main panes of result content, which themselves, display additional controls such as buttons and links.
After the WorldSpace Attest tool is accessed via its button on the developer tools horizontal toolbox bar, the following four main components are revealed:
- WorldSpace DevTools Tab toolbox button: The toolbar along the top of developer tools includes with its standard toolbox-hosted tools the WorldSpace Attest tool after it has been installed. For complete installation information, see Downloading, Installing and Configuring the Attest Extension. Clicking its tab makes WorldSpace Attest the active tool within Chrome DevTools and displays its tabs and main content pane below while the other tools and toolbox controls remain in the horizontal bar.
- Main Menu - "Panel drop-down naviation menu": These are the tools within the tool, so to speak, which you might also think of as view "pages" within the WorldSpace Attest extension. Clicking the down arrow displays the list, and then clicking on a link item in the list will display the panel.
Panels that may be accessed from the main menu include:
- Analyze: Analyze the loaded page for accessibility rule violations, view details about each, download from or upload to WorldSpace Comply. For complete details, see Analyze.
- SimulAT: Simulate how a screen reader would read the loaded page in a text transcript based on structure and content elements you select to be targeted. For complete details, see SimulAT.
- Scripts: Record sequential actions taken on the loaded page as a script of events that can be replayed, uploaded to or downloaded from WorldSpace Comply, where they can be applied to scans to automate tedious task steps (such as completing a sign-in form). For complete details, see Scripts.
- Rules: Submit custom rules via a JSON file to be made available as an option in the Rule Set section of the Settings tab from which to select your own rule set to run as part of a page analysis. For complete details, see Rules Panel.
- Settings: Log in WorldSpace Comply and specify standards to be targeted in your analysis. Additionally, when you have selected or "switched to" a project, the Organization and Project names are displayed. For more information, see Logging In to WorldSpace Comply. For complete details, see Settings.
Related Information - Printable Overview Guide
One-Page PDF Attest Extension Quick Start Guide:
Need a one-page, printable reference guide?
Refer to the WorldSpace Attest 1.1 Browser Extension Quick Reference Guide (PDF).