Advanced Single Sign-On (SSO) Configuration
Deque supports the option to configure a Keycloak realm to enable Single Sign-On (SSO), which allows you to sign in once and then have access to multiple applications. When your organization already uses SSO, a connection can be established so you can take advantage of it when using the WorldSpace Attest browser extension with the WorldSpace Comply product.
Via the Options link within the WorldSpace Attest DevTools section of the Chrome Extensions page, you can access the following two setting fields to configure SSO:
- Realm: A unique security group that can be defined for user authentication for a particular organization.
- ClientId: A credential used to uniquely identify a Deque client in the Keycloak server.
We Do It For You!: Before you make any changes to the Advanced Options of the WorldSpace Attest DevTools extension, we recommend you simply Contact Deque Tech Support to ask us to set this up for you. As noted on the popup window, you should 'only change these options if you know what you're doing. Be sure to restart the developer tools before logging in.' Deque is able to support a wide variety of identity and access management needs for our clients, which may include unique combinations of user directory types, standard protocols, or identity brokering methods by using the open source Keycloak product.
Default SSO Settings: Initially, the Realm field is pre-populated with
'worldspace-comply' as its value, and the ClientId field is pre-populated with
'attest' as its value, each of which are editable.
To change the default SSO Settings for the WorldSpace Attest browser extension:
- In the Chrome browser Address field, type chrome://extensions (or select More tools > Extensions from the customization menu).
- On the Chrome Extensions page, scroll down to the WorldSpace Attest DevTools section, then click the Options link.
- On the Advanced Options popup window, in the SSO Settings section, modify the Realm and ClientId field values as necessary.
- Click the Save button.
- Follow the prompts to complete the sign-in steps necessary to establish the connection with WorldSpace Comply.
The Advanced Options popup window appears in the foreground.
A response message appears under the Save button that reads,
'Options saved.' to confirm the changes.
Now, when you specify the Server URL and click the GO TO SIGN IN FORM button on the Settings panel of the WorldSpace Attest extension, a popup window appears that redirects you to your SSO server.
End of procedure. This procedure is followed by the Signing In to WorldSpace Comply subtopic in the Settings section of this guide.