Edit a Script
After recording a script, replay the script to verify that it replays successfully and performs the steps or events intended. In some cases, the script may need to be cleared and a new one recorded. In other cases, you can use the Action buttons to fine-tune the script's events or add events to the script.
Edit an Event
Select the Edit button in the Actions column of the event to edit the URL, Frame URL or Target on which the event is performed. Additionally, you can edit the length of time allotted to the event. For instance, if you hesitated on a step for a time before recording the next step, you may want to shorten the timing of the event for replay. Alternatively, it may make sense to lengthen the timing of a step to allow additional time for an event such as a page load in case future server response time is slow.
Add an Event
Initial Page Load Event
The first event of any script must be the loadURL event (for the first page of the script) if the script is to be used in WorldSpace scans, so WorldSpace knows where to begin replaying the script. There are times when reloading a page at the start of recording a script does not capture the loadURL event in the script. In this case, you can add the loadURL event to a recorded script by following these steps:
- Select the Add icon (represented by a green square with a white plus sign) next to the word Actions on the far right side of the column headers bar. A new event entry form will appear at the top of the event list.
- In the Event column, select loadURL from the drop down menu.
- In the URL column, enter the initial page's URL in the edit box.
- Select the Add this button.
- Select the Play this event button (represented by a blue triangle) to verify the event.
There may be times when a necessary step is not recorded by a script due to a setting in the Event Tracking options. Instead of editing the Event Tracking options and re-recording the entire script, you may choose to simply add a step or steps manually to a script.
- Select the Add icon (represented by a green square with a white plus sign) in the Actions column of the event after which the new event will appear. A new event entry form will appear below the selected event.
- In the Event column, select the desired event type from the drop down menu.
- Enter a URL for the page from which the event is initiated in the URL column.
- Additional options under the Details column will appear depending on the Event type chosen. Enter the relevant information.
- Adjust the Timing if necessary.
- Select the Add this button.
- Select the Play this event button (represented by a blue triangle) or the Replay to this event button (represented by a blue triangle pointing at a blue bar) to verify the event.
Delete an Event
To delete an event from a script, select the Delete button (represented by a red square with a white minus sign) in the Actions column of the event.
Save a Script
When you have finished editing a script, be sure to upload the script to a WorldSpace Project to save it.