Advanced PDF Accessibility: Complex Tables and Forms
Technical level: Intermediate (HTML knowledge highly recommended)
Duration: 45 minutes (online self-paced class, estimate)
IAAP CAECs: 0.75 (This class counts toward renewal of IAAP certification)
This course focuses on creating accessible complex tables and forms in PDF format and includes downloadable practice files to follow along with the instructions and examples. Specific techniques include:
For complex tables:
- Simplifying complex tables
- Setting the scope and span in complex tables
- Creating and associating header cell IDs with data cells
- Creating forms in Microsoft Word and exporting to PDF
- Using the automatic Prepare Form tool in Acrobat
- Creating and editing different types of form fields, including text fields, check boxes, radio buttons, drop down lists, buttons, and more.
- Setting and verifying form field properties
- Adding Tags
Pricing for Online Class
Each class is $45 for a full year of access, or lower for group enrollment, or when purchasing multi-course curriculum packages. See the full set of curriculum options for details.