Basic PDF Accessibility
Technical level: Intermediate (HTML knowledge highly recommended)
Duration: 45 minutes (online self-paced class, estimate)
IAAP CAECs: 0.75 (This class counts toward renewal of IAAP certification)
This course covers detailed steps in making accessible, tagged PDF files. Topics include:
- The step-by-step workflow for creating accessible PDFs
- Preparing an accessible starting file in the authoring program (such as Microsoft Word)
- Converting to a tagged PDF automatically
- Gaining familiarity with the Acrobat Pro interface
- Creating and touching up tags manually (headings, paragraphs, links, images, decorative content, simple tables, and more)
- Checking the reading and tab order
- Tools to check PDF accessibility (automated, manual, and assistive technology)
After completing this course, you will have the skill set to create an accessible PDF file from scratch, as well as fix accessibility issues in existing PDF files.
The topics of making forms and complex tables accessible are covered in the Advanced PDF Accessibility course.
Pricing for Online Class
Each class is $45 for a full year of access, or lower for group enrollment, or when purchasing multi-course curriculum packages. See the full set of curriculum options for details.